Nickerson Park Campground Guidelines
YOU MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 25 YEARS OLD TO BOOK A CAMPSITE OR RENTAL TRAILER
1. Quiet Hours: Will be observed between 11:00PM - 8:00AM. Radios are to be turned off during quiet hours. Children under 18 must be at their campsite at this time.
2. Campsite Etiquette & Your Children: Be courteous toward your neighbors. Do not walk through other campsites, vacant or occupied. Do not move picnic tables or fire rings. Excessive noise, loud music, or foul behavior will not be tolerated. Be considerate to future guests by cleaning up all debris, bottle caps, cigarette butts, etc. before departure. Do not cause harm or drive nails into trees. No digging holes or disturbing natural ground cover. You are responsible for the supervision of all children under 18 and they may not be left at the campground alone. All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
3. Vehicles – 5 MPH Speed Limit: Campground Speed Limit is 5MPH at all times. You are only given one warning about speeding in the park. After that you may not drive in the park. Mini-bikes, ATVS, and Golf Carts are not allowed.
4. Bicycles & Other: Scooters, roller blades (inline skates), hover boards are to be rode only on the basketball court (when not in use) and are otherwise prohibited on campground roads or buildings. No bicycle riding after dark. Per NYS Law all children under the age of 14 must wear a helmet when riding. Please ensure bikes are not parked on any roadway.
5. Visitors: All visitors must be registered with the campground office and pay the daily fee, per person. Campers are responsible for their visitors at all times. All visitors must leave the property by 9:00pm or upgrade your visitor pass to overnight before 8:30pm. No Visitors entering the campground before 9:00AM or after 9:00PM.
6. Pets: Pets must be leashed; kept quiet and under control at all times while in the campground. Rest rooms and other buildings are off limits. Do not tie to trees or not leave unattended.
Clean up after your pet, please. For your pets enjoyment we do have a dog park located on the 500 level. Please follow the posted rules.
7. Creek side Activities: No jumping from the rocks or cliffs! You may swim, float or fish in the Creek at your own risk. Jumping from rocks, ledges, and the cliffs into the creek is prohibited. Guests are not permitted on the property on the other side of the creek.
8. Garbage& Water Conservation: Trash collection is between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. Please leave your tied garbage bags at the side of the road for pick up. RV trailer grey and black water cannot be dumped directly on the ground. Conserve water use. Washing of cars/trailers, sprinklers and baby pools are prohibited.
9. Campfires & Firewood: Campfires are permitted in designated fire rings and must be extinguished before retiring or leaving site. We follow NY DEC Regulation 6 NYCRR Part n192 section 192.5. Chainsaws and defacing trees in any way is prohibited. Only burn firewood. Do not burn garbage, building lumber, plastic, glass or metal. Firewood is available for purchase at the store.
10. Fireworks and weapons: No firecrackers, fireworks, sparklers, sky lanterns, firearms, BB guns, sling shots, archery equipment, or any other type of explosives or weapons are not permitted.
11. Swimming Pool: We are required to notify you of these rules as there is no lifeguard on duty.
The swimming facilities at Nickerson Park Campground are not supervised by a lifeguard or other responsible person. In place of on-site supervision, this facility has established a series of safeguards to be followed by all guests. Please read and abide by all of the safety rules located in the swimming area and below.
a. Never Swim Alone. A minimum of two adults, 18 years of age or older, must be present whenever this swimming facility is in use, with at least one adult on the pool deck or beachfront.
b. There is no substitution for adequate supervision. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied to the bathing area by a parent or guardian, or similar adult responsible for their safety.
c. In an emergency, notify the facility operator and contact help immediately. A free telephone is provided at this facility. Call 911 for all emergencies.
d. No glass or alcohol permitted in the pool area. Do not drink alcohol and swim.
e. Only use the facility during the posted or informed hours of operation.
f. Only registered guests of this facility are allowed to use the bathing facilities.
Injuries can be prevented and safety is everyone’s responsibility. If you notice any problems with the water quality or absence of safety equipment, please notify us at once!
12. Rights of Management: This property is privately owned. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to campers or for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. We reserve the right to evict any person or family, who in our opinion is violating the rules, vandalizing, creating a disturbance, etc. NO REFUNDS