RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE ONLINE OR BY CALLING THE OFFICE AT 989-643-0403
Please select your dates and filters above to search availability
Our Terms of Service
LOD Safe Practices
In response to the June 1st announcement,, by Governor Whitmer, rescinding her Safer at Home order, Lake of Dreams Campground will open for transient campers starting Friday, June 5th at 9am.
We are excited to welcome our campers back to the park,; however, there will be additional guidelines in place to ensure we open safely and do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We ask for your patience and understanding as this is all moving quickly. These guidelines will accompany our normal park rules. As the response to this pandemic has been uncertain, we may need to amend the guidelines from time to time to address additional items. Lake of Dreams reserves the right to do so without notice. The safety and wellbeing of our campers and staff remain our top priority.
These rules and guidelines are put in place by the ownership of Lake of Dreams Campground and enforced by the staff on duty. Disrespect to our staff, while enforcing these policies, will not be tolerated. Non-compliance with these rules and guidelines WILL result in your removal from the park. Individuals may or may not receive a warning, regarding their behavior, depending upon its severity.
While we encourage our campers to enjoy their stay, we also ask that you do not allow your actions to interfere with someone else’s enjoyment.
Guidelines as associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic
Lake of Dreams office will be open to campers for the purpose of check-in and purchasing goods through the walk-up windows located at the front of the office. The interior space of the office will remain closed to campers until further notice. We encourage campers to maintain proper social distancing while waiting for service and to use appropriate PPE, such as masks, when approaching the window.
Items that will be available for sale in the store will be limited to: Fountain Drinks, Slushies, bottled pop, miscellaneous camping supplies, fire starters, ice and wood delivery.
Wood sales and delivery will resume as normal. Wood can be ordered one of two ways; by calling the office and placing the order with a credit card or by walking to the office and placing the order, in person, at the window.
BATHHOUSES AND RESTROOMS
Bathhouses and restrooms will be open for camper’s use. Lake of Dreams staff will be taking extra precautions, including routine cleaning of these facilities, to ensure the safety of our campers. We ask that campers use safe social distancing practices while using these facilities. This may include waiting outdoors for the availability of stalls or urinals to allow for social distancing. We encourage campers to limit their contact with surfaces in these facilities and to wash their hands when finished.
Trash collection will resume Friday, June 5th. Trash must be contained in a bag and placed by the lot pole in front of your site for collection. We ask that trash bags are placed out front prior to 9pm to allow time for pickup before dark.
PLAYGROUNDS, GAMEROOM, REC HALL
To comply with the safe social distancing guidelines, still in place within our state, our playgrounds, game room and rec hall will remain closed to camper use. We ask that parents/grandparents/guardians of all children in the park discuss this closure with them and take responsibility for ensuring your children comply with the guidelines.
Use of the pavilions is permitted given that safe social distancing practices are used during organization. Tables should be placed 6’ apart and minimize capacity. Lake of Dreams management and staff reserve the right to disperse crowding if adequate social distancing is not exercised and reserves the right to close down the pavilions if proper usage isn’t adhered to.
VOLLEYBALL COURT - BALL FIELD – BEACH
The volleyball court, ball field and beach will be open for your use. Please utilize discretion and good judgement when engaging in activities in these areas. Lake of Dreams management and staff reserves the right to disperse crowding if adequate social distancing is not exercised and reserves the right to close down these areas if proper usage isn’t adhered to.
CURFEW AND QUIET HOUR
Temporarily, we are requiring that as of 10pm all minors, (17 and under), must be at a campsite, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian – Walking the roads or gathering in common areas will not be permitted. A direct return to one’s own site will be allowed. LOD’s normal 11pm quiet hour remains in effect and will be enforced. We ask that any outdoor radios or tv’s be turned to a volume inaudible to adjacent sites or the road. We ask that conversation levels be kept at a reasonable level. Our staff evaluates this level by determining if your voices can be heard at adjacent campsites and will use their discretion to engage when necessary. The typical direction will be a verbal warning asking for individuals to “keep it down”. Continued violation of this request may result in your removal from the property.
At this time, we are limiting capacity, at each campsite, to 10 individuals.
Fishing is permitted in both ponds given safe social distancing practices are maintained. Fishing in the front pond is limited to the designated fishing area only as our beach will be open to guests.
We trust that all campers will exercise good judgement and govern their behavior in an appropriate manner to all, as wells as invoke social distancing, employ proper hand washing techniques and ensure that your behavior does not place yourself or fellow campers at risk. Lake of Dreams management reserves the right to amend any of the above statements and remove any camper deemed to be posing a risk to themselves, other campers or staff.
NORMAL RULES AND GUIDELINES (Please read for updates)
For the safety and well-being of our campers the local law enforcement agencies patrol the campground on a regular basis.
1. Please deposit all bad attitudes in the ditch prior to entering the park.
2. Please use common sense when making any sort of decision within the campground. We are a family campground. We encourage our campers to have a good time while in the park, so long as your good time does not interfere with someone else's good time.
3. Any person or persons found in violation of any park rules or causing a disruption will be asked to leave without a refund or rain check. Serious violations may result in a ban from Lake of Dreams. If deemed necessary local law enforcement will be contacted for major disruptions.
4. Please be respectful of campground etiquette - do not take shortcuts by going through another camper's campsite - walk around.
5. No wood is to be brought into the campground. Wood is sold in the camp store and will be delivered right to your campsite.
6. Campers must be 21 years or older to register for a campsite.
7. Underage drinking will not be tolerated and will be handled by the local law enforcement agency.
8. Glass bottles of any sort are PROHIBITED in the beach and play areas.
9. Campers under 18 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
10. All campers must register with park personnel, show valid identification, and pay the appropriate fee.
11. All vehicles entering the park must clearly display a valid vehicle pass at all times.
12. In order to ensure the safety of our guests we ask that you follow and abide by all posted speed and traffic signs within the park.
13. Firearms/weapons, drugs and fireworks are strictly prohibited! Pellet, paint ball, BB guns, bows and arrows, gas engine scooters, mini-bikes, mopeds, go-carts or ATVs of any sort are PROHIBITED in the campground at any time.
14. Golf carts are permitted for seasonal campers only unless physical disabilities apply (park permit required). Appropriate insurance and liability coverage must be provided for a park permit.
15. Campsites are limited to one camping unit plus one tent or two tents and a maximum of eight (8) persons.
16. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas.
17. Campsites must be vacated by 3 pm on the date of departure.
18. Dumping of grey or black water on any lot is prohibited and is grounds for immediate removal from the park.
19. Visitors must pay appropriate park entrance fees and vacate the park by 11 pm.
20. Quiet hours must be observed between 11 pm and 7 am.
21. Campfires are permitted only within the existing fire rings and are not to be relocated. Fires must not be left unattended and must be extinguished before retiring for the night or no later than 2 am.
22. Cutting of trees and collecting of downed trees or tree limbs is strictly prohibited.
23. Campers are responsible for maintaining campsites in a clean and orderly condition.
24. Park personnel will collect the trash daily. Please place closed/tied trash bags at your lot post.
25. Swim at your own risk. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. An adult must accompany children 12 years of age and under while swimming. Swimming is prohibited after dark.
26. Due to the private nature of our park, fishing is permitted without a license in all areas EXCEPT the beach and water park areas.